With a summer packed full of exciting shows ahead, we’re looking to expand Cirque Bijou’s bank of casual freelancers who we can call on at busy times. We’re looking for people with the knowledge, enthusiasm, skills and mindset to play important roles in making our shows. IS THIS YOU? JOIN US!
We are looking for
- Stage Managers
- Health and safety officers/site managers
- Riggers for aerial performance
- Show callers
- Video artists
- Costume designers/makers
- Make up artists
- Music designers/composers
- Lighting designers
- Set designers/builders
- Solderers with some basic experience in electronics
- Arts administrators
- Marketing/communications professionals
- Photographers and filmmakers
We can only consider people who
- have several years of experience in one or more of these areas
- have significant experience in applying these skills to circus or live performance
- can work quickly and independently under pressure
- are excellent team players
- are able to adapt to new situations quickly
- are able to follow instructions and adhere to the briefs/schedules/designs given to them
We are particularly keen to hear from people who
- have their own vehicle
- have their own kit/equipment
- can be flexible and accept work at short notice
- are based in Bristol or nearby
Get in touch with us
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short message detailing which skills you have and highlighting your most relevant experience. Please include links to relevant examples of your work or your portfolio if applicable. Please include the skill category in the subject line: e.g composer/ rigger.
Please note that we are not looking for new staff members, but to build up the bank of freelancers that we can call on as and when required for individual shows or busy periods. You do not need to commit yourself to being available on certain dates, but please only apply if you have reasonable availability on weekdays, evenings and weekends over the summer. Please give us more information on your availability when you apply.
We value diversity in our team and will be happy to discuss any specific needs or requirements that can enable you to carry out these roles.
If you’ve worked with us before, we’re happy for you to get in touch again. We anticipate a lot of responses and unfortunately we won’t have the time to reply to everybody. Please just email us once.
We look forward to hearing from you!